Forest City,North Carolina
2.3

I signed a lease for a 2 bedroom apartment one day and was sent an email saying I had been moved to a 4 bedroom unit with 3 other people! They sent a new lease for me to sign for the four bedroom, which I did not sign.

They are telling me I have to take it because the lease says, "roommates and room assignments are not guaranteed! Well, it did not say I will take what you put me in either. If the original lease holds you to whatever, then why did you send another one? If you don't have what I requested, then I can move on.

No, I am still arguing with them over paying for what I did not sign for! Ask questions! Read! Read!

Read! All the fine print!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Campus Evolution Villages Apartment Leasing.

Preferred solution: Void the first lease and leave me alone!.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 13, 2016.

Comments

Campus evolution village Tuscalossa is a rip off and scam to the University of Alabama students. My daughter signed a lease back in Dec 16 for a four bed room.

She was notified in July 17 that they did not have enough four bed room units, so they would place her and her roommates in a three bedroom for the same price. Come move in day 19 Aug, the apartment that they received keys for is not finished being renovated. They do not have sinks, toilets, or any furnitures. Paint cans are still left in the the apartment as well as the crown moldings are not complete.

When we went to the front office there were about 20 other families in the same boat. They do not have finished apartments to place these students in. There is no management on site, no one is answering the phones or at the corporate office. I left 5 messages for someone to contact me immediately.

I am reporting this to the BBB and calling my lawyer.

This is unacceptable.